Parking available along the East & West sides of Shaughnessy St., and the North side of West Kent Street. Check out our map.
Hours & Dates
Oct. 15 – Oct. 31 '13
7pm – 10pm
7pm – 12am
1pm – 7pm
No live actors from
General Admission: $10
Children under 12: $5
Weekend days til 7pm
unlimited access: $5
TENTED LINE AREA
Open rain or shine.
Our Last Hoorah!
The Dunbar Haunted House is retiring at the end of the 2013 season. We started out in 2004 with a modest home haunt display. Based on favourable public reception the haunt grew both in scale and popularity with each succeeding year. We have had a blast hosting the haunt over the past 10 years and wish to thank the hundreds of volunteers and thousands of appreciative patrons who have made it all possible. The haunt has provided us with a wonderful opportunity to engage in community service and to raise money for local charities.
In 2012 we:
- -raised $63,000.00 for our three charities:
- -The B.C. Professional Fire Fighter's Burn Fund, The Vancouver Police Union Charity Foundation, and the Lowermainland Christmas Bureau
- -had 13, 122 people through the haunt over the course of 20 days
- -had over 220 volunteers helped with construction, decorating, animamtronics, lighting and sound, spooking, security, kitchen, music, clean up, etc.
- -Had a number of Vancouver bands perform for our crowds:
- T-Riley | The Steady | Kate Kurdyak Band | Don Alder | Mike Wetterings | The Film Industry | Sarah Wheeler | Uncle Joe | Miss You in Tuques | DJit | Bias Jack | Guns & Effin Roses | Real Mad Decent | Lead Hang Heavy | Matt Loewen | And Al Gilmer as our Sound Technician.
2013 Theme: The Terror of History
This year's haunt features snapshots of horrific moments in ancient, medieval and modern history. Specific sets include an Egyptian Necropolis, Greek Tragedy, Crusades, Spanish Inquisition, Sorcery, the Plague, Piracy, Monster's Ball, The Asylum and The Apocalypse.
DHH Photo Gallery
We're on Twitter!
Follow us and get updates on line up lengths, tips and updates, as well as behind the scenes of what goes on here at the Dunbar Haunt.
Tweets by @theDunbarHaunt